Which Survey is right for me?

Having a survey is a crucial part of the house buying process whether you plan to live in the property, rent it out or sell it so knowing the difference between a Mortgage Valuation, a RICS HomeBuyers Survey and a RICS Building Survey is key to saving you expensive bills after you move in.

A Mortgage Valuation is a report undertaken on behalf of the lender. Therefore it is important for a more detailed report to be carried out which will inform you of the condition of the property.

There may be defects in the property that could cost you a lot of money to put right so it is important to have a RICS HomeBuyers Report or Building Survey.

Which survey is right for me? HomeBuyers Report Buildings Survey
For those purchasing regular properties checked
For those purchasing older properties checked
For those purchasing large properties checked
Inspection report checked checked
Traffic light rating – indicating the property’s condition checked checked
Notification of property parts needing urgent attention checked checked
Advice for conveyancers checked checked
Advice on repairs and on-going maintenance checked checked
Key risks report checked checked
Advice on issues affecting the property value checked checked
Insurance reinstatement cost checked
Detailed inspection checked
Comprehensive structural report checked
Description of defects checked
Outline of potential problems checked
Professional advice on repair options checked
For use by mortgage lenders